Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mom Life...

Life has been busy lately and I've wanted to share some fun things that the kids have said and now I can only remember one.

On Saturday we got up early and went to get the oil changed in the car and we had a slow leak in a tire to fix. As we were waiting the kids watched the workers do their job. One car was getting a new set of tires and April pipes up and Says " We've never seen Professionals put tires on before." I just laughed and laughed because these were Professionals. I am always amazed when the kids will say big words and they use them in the correct context.

After we the car was done we headed down to Tooele Co to see Grandma and Baby Bailey. It was so fun to hold a tiny baby again. Even though Katie is only 6 months old she is so much bigger that Bailey and it is always amazing how quickly they change. Bailey is beautiful. With her crazy situation and other things like April's medical problems, I'm so grateful to live in a time when we have great technology and medicine to help with the problems and prevent bigger problems down the line.

Even though our world is not perfect and so many awful things happen we also have so many wonderful blessings. This blogging is one great thing. It is such a great way to keep in touch and record what is going on in our lives at the same time.

General Conference was great. I was quite impressed with the talks on unity. I want to apply those to our family, because I really feel that family is where our children will learn good things in life.

Jared has been quite a social bug lately. The only problem is that he wants to go to the neighbors whether I say it is okay or not. He also likes to go in their house even when they are not home. If any one has any suggestions on curing this problem please share.

Michelle is working hard every night on her homework. And we try to get piano practicing in too. She is going to have a Piano recital in a few weeks and so we want her to be practiced up. She is still having her struggles focusing on the tasks at hand. I think that I'm going to do some bribery if she can stay focused on her homework and not let it take two hours instead of a half a hour.

Last night was our ward's enrichment activity. I was in charge of the card making which was fun but I'm glad that is is over with. We also made FHE frame (to keep track of who is responsible for what) and a magnet photo board. I'm excited to finish these since I couldn't then and put them up in my house. I hope to finish them on Friday.

Other than these exciting things I have been doing a bit of books for Jason and watching a little bit of Good Things Utah.

4 comments:

Barbi Mecham said...

Since I am the neighbor that he frequents the most, I would say no worries! That and perhaps I should lock my doors when I am not home...

Krysta said...

That's funny about Jared. I had to laugh! I can relate to Michelle and the 2 hours of homework instead of 1/2 hour. If I can keep Kaylee under 45 min. we are doing really well. Can I just say...I hate homework time. It's the time I should be the MOST patient and I'm NOT! Maybe I will try bribery too. :)

I'm going to e-mail you later about your questions. Love ya!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Thanks so much for making the trip out here--it was a fun visit! We love you guys!

Andrea said...

I Amelia. I just wanted to say hi. I love that I can catch up with you a bit. I also miss scrapbooking with you. It was fun to see pictures of you doing that.