We just came home from Stake Conference. Elder Dewsnup of the seventy was the general authority.
Even though it is hard to go with the kids it is always so uplifting.
During the adult session last night 4 of the five speakers talked about going to the temple. Some comments that impressed me were about how our children will learn how important the temple is to us by our actions. Are they going to learn that we feel it is important by seeing us go? What are our comments about our temple experiences like? Do we speak of it reverently and how special it is? These thoughts have got me thinking and setting a goal to show my children how I feel about these special places we are privileged to go to.
Our Stake President played a segment from one of Pres. Monsons talks during the April Gerneral conference. Pres Monson told of how his wife had been in the hospital and after many days she woke up. Then he said that husbands treat your wives good and wives treat your husbands well.
Elder Dewsnup twice talked of the two temples that will be dedicated next year in Draper and Oquhir. He told how you can see these temples from the others parking lot. And in one of the two parking lots (I'm not sure which) you can also see the Jordan River Temple.
We are so Blessed to live in a time with so many temples.
THis is what the girls remembered.
Michelle learned that the parents should listen to what the kids have to say first.
April learned that prayers are important.
I'm just wanted to write some things down before I forgot them. I feel very uplifted after these meetings and I'm so grateful for the gospel and the church organization to help us through this life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad you wrote those thing down. See...that's why I love blogging. You are creating a family journal and we (the readers) get uplifted by you sharing your thoughts with us.
Love ya! :)
Thanks for sharing, since we didn't make it! You are awesome. Love you
I love watching conference too. It keeps me going for at least 6 months. That's fun to write down what your kids learned.
Post a Comment