Thursday, October 23, 2008

Growing up...

Monday, Katie performed her newest trick. She can now pull herself into a standing position. She loves to do this and gets very upset when she gets stuck and can't stand up. She has no interest in her toys anymore she goes right for the chairs or anything that she can pull her self up by. Last night she had pulled herself up by the rocking chair and was standing rocking it and then she starts lifting her left leg like she was going to climb onto the chair. She kept doing this and reaching farther back on the chair to get a better grip. I was so shocked (and dismayed) when I realized what she was trying to do that I went and picked her up so she wouldn't try to climb anymore. I am just not ready for my baby to be doing these things yet. She is still so little and I want her to cuddle with me. It is just a BIG reminder that these precious children do not stay little for long.

Michelle is also growing. Tonight she had a Daddy Daughter Date with the activity day girls. She was so excited for Daddy to get home so they could go. I remeber having these activities with my dad and now I have a nine year old daughter who loves to do these things. She is getting so mature and is having lots of fun too. I'm just glad she still comes and wants to have me read to her and hug her.

2 comments:

Barbi Mecham said...

I can not believe our little Katie bug is thinking she is so big! Doesn't she know she is the only baby around for me to love on? What a stinker. I hope that it wasn't monkey Owen's influences that are helping her out!
Enjoy your husband for the weekend!

Krysta said...

I'm sad I'm missing out on seeing your kids grow...atleast I can read about it! I can't believe you have a 9 year old either...