Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ward Christmas Party

Our ward Christmas party was fun this year. The whole primary was in the program. Michelle and April were part of a choir. They looked a little bored when they weren't singing. I tried to give them some signals but it didn't help.


When they were singing it was great.

Jared was a Shepherd. I didn't think his costume through to well. He had a lot of trouble keeping his head dress (or whatever it's called) on. So a tip for anyone who will have to do this in the future. Use light weight fabric and make sure your tie is tight. We started out good.Then the hat fell off. He was giving me some really sad looks. Then pretty soon he disappeared off the side of the stage. A moment later he was back.

And Wahlah Look Mom I fixed it. I think he may of had some help from an adult. But he looked much happier. The only problem was it didn't stay on for long. Because a moment later...

He looked like this and was looking much prouder of himself than he had earlier. I think this time he fixed it himself. Anyway he was a cute Shepherd no matter what.

Katie enjoyed herself too, especially when she got a candy cane. She wouldn't go sit on Santa's Lap but she somehow got a candy cane anyway. All my other kids sat on Santa's lap but the camera battery died when April was up. The cutest was my neighbor's boy who had written a note so he wouldn't forget to tell Santa and then he read it to him.

The last note about the party was on me. I was asked to sing in a quartet and sing alto. I had not done this for over 14 years and I was very nervous. We practiced lots as a group and I practice lots at home with myself and the piano. I was so glad when our number was over but I was also surprised at myself and I felt like I had done well. So I really think that we can do well with the help of Heavenly Father and some practice. Lucky for me not many from my ward will read this and so I can still sleep at night.

1 comment:

Barbi Mecham said...

I thought you were wonderful and I was so grateful you were willing to sing! I love ya Lady!