Saturday, January 24, 2009

Project complete

I made myself a list of projects that I've started and want to finish. This was the easiest to compete and Yeah it is DONE!!! This was also my first mod podge experience and here is what I learned.

1. Take your time and make sure that you smooth out the paper before you apply the top layer of mod podge. 2. Take your time and plan all colors so you are happy with them in the end.
3. Take your time and do the project when your kids are asleep and not trying to help.
4. Buy good canvases and not Walmart's that are not stretched tightly.
5. Take your time etc, etc, etc.

I think that it turned out pretty cute but I also always find thing later that I would have done differently. Overall the mod podge experience was a 8 on a scale from 1-10.

Now Katie's walls are not so bare and I'm on to the next project on my list.





4 comments:

Krysta said...

That turned out so cute. Good job! I want to see the other projects on your list when they're done.

Mark and Adrian said...

I love them. They are darling.

Emily said...

Amelia... those are adorable- I am so in need of cute nursery wall hangings and I never thought of making them... wish you would have called me, but maybe you can just help me with mine now!!! :) so cute you little crafty girl!!

Barbi Mecham said...

I love it!