Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Little Munchkin news

I finally decided this morning that I'm thru trying to get Katie to sleep throught the night in her own bed. I just don't get any sleep when I'm trying and them I'm crabby for days. So I'll try again in a couple months.

She is truly walking now and I keep thinking I'll catch some good photos or video of her but she never will show off when I want her too. She will just stand up where ever and then decide to turn which she is does quite well. I love it when she plays the STAND UP, CROUCH DOWN game. She is getting so good and I love watching her grow even though sometimes I want to keep her little forever.

For the past two weeks I have been tricking her into naps. She will fall asleep good in the car so I got a GREAT idea. I put her in her car seat all buckled up, give her a bottle, snuggle blankies around her and pull the canopy over her so it is darker and she has started taking 1 1/2 to 2 hour naps. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could get that trick to work at night but I know that she will grow up fast and these sleepless times will be over so soon. It really is fun to rock her to sleep at night and hopefully I'll form a good bond that will stay especially when she is a teenager.

Jared got to go to the Dentist yesterday. Poor little guy has terrible teeth. This is his second visit in two weeks and he has one more to go, with a told of EIGHT cavities. My kids have soft enamel and I have learned a lesson. No Soda POP. I have tried to do every thing else to prevent cavaties. Every time the dentists tell me something new theb I do it. The only thing that they haven't said was to not let them drink Pop. So I'm going to see if it will make a difference with Katie.

Right now Jared is playing with his blocks and carrying on a converstion with himself. He is paying bills right now. OR at least that is what it sounded like. Maybe he said wheels. He is such a good kid. He will entertain himself for hours and lots of times it is entertaining for me too. I just can't let him know I'm listening or he'll stop and what me to play with him.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Hey.......Look at you blog!!! I enjoy reading them so much. Thanks for lunch on Sunday.....and what a fun game we played. Now all I have to do is get my blog up to date. Great pictures!! Love you guys!

Emily said...

WOW... look at all of your posts!! way to go... I need to just sit and crank out a bunch to get caught up... I don't like being behind, but I have a problem with "short and sweet" my blog is my only record/journal so I don't want to leave out details and I am not as efficient as you... I love your quick posts that tell it all- your a good writer!! you up for a little lunch at my place next week?? I have been a recluse and am so needing some girl time... I hope your kids get feeling better fast...lets hang soon ok?!! xoxo

jessica said...

Hey Amelia,
Good to see you at lunch at Firehouse the other day! I got on Erica's blog to link to yours...send me and email at jandjflyfish@msn.com and I'll send you an invite to mine :)
Love your header!