Saturday, January 24, 2009

Decorating Question????????????????????

Calling for all ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Question? How can I make this door more private?

I want to put up some thing on my front door so that not everyone can look in. I'm not so worried about a treatment for the transom window just the door. I just haven't come up with something yet that I like.

Second Question. What can I do for a window treatment?

With these windows and the transom above the door I want to have a smooth transition and not just leave out the transome. IT is the same height and so if I just left it with nothing I think that it would look funny.

So I know that lots of you have great decorating sense and I want to get your Ideas Please!

4 comments:

Mark and Adrian said...

I am so not creative. This is the first house that I have ever lived that we have curtains. I only have them in my kitchen and living room too. So sorry I can't help you out. I am excited to see what your friends come up with. I am also excited to see the end result.

Krysta said...

Actually, I'm all out of ideas, if you can believe that! I've learned to live with out privacy here. Our front door is basically all glass, with 2 little windows on either side of the door that don't have blinds and our back door in our kitchen is glass too and doesn't have blinds. Crazy, huh? Besides those windows the whole house has blinds and half of my house has window treatments and the other half doesn't. I'm still working on it. What helped me with what I have done, was going to Home Depot and looking through window treatment magazines and books. Try the HGTV website too. That's always inspring. Andrea just did a valance in her kitchen. It's on her blog. Check it out. Good luck...If I get any wild inspiration I'll pass it on to you! I want to see what you end up doing.

Jaime said...

What about a cute topper treatment. I have an idea for you i need to come see you. I will in a couple weeks when I start feeling better I don't know if I told you I was having surgery, but I did Mon. so now I just have to get better. I'll write my idea down so I don't forget.

Jen and Brandon said...

Amelia, I'm not much of a decorator, but have Jason cut out some wood curved on one side, cover with battting and fabric and wala, you have a cornice. You could do lots of thing with them on the sides like hang curtains behind if you want them to drop. or nothing at all. I made one for my dining room and love it. It just took forever for Brandon to get the right tools home so that I could do it. Come to thing of it, You'd better get the jig saw and and doo it yourself. Lots of Luck !!!Jen